for program submissions for the AORA 2020 Annual Conference has been
extended to Friday 13 December 2020
The AORA 2020 Annual Conference – Pathways to Sustainable Growth, will be held at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley from the 1st to 3rd of April 2020.
The AORA 2020 Annual Conference will focus on the Association’s mandate to develop pathways that promote sustainable growth of primary industry, the organics recycling market, and communities, through a healthy circular economy.
- Pathways to a common vision
As the peak body of organics recycling in Australia, AORA must weave together the ideas and ambitions of a diverse group into a coherent vision for the future. This year’s conference will dedicate time to collaboration, growing the community, including more voices in the discussion, and crystalising the vision and strategy for organics recycling over the next five years.
- Pathways to an engaged community
For organics recycling to reach its potential, it is essential that we better engage with residents and businesses to encourage good recycling practices and a dedication to the circular economy. We wish to hear from pioneers who have found effective means of engaging citizens and government to grow the pool of influencers striving for a cleaner, greener society.
- Pathways to an informed opinion
Information is the best weapon in the fight to establish a healthier, more sustainable economy. We invite the world’s leading academics studying the beneficial reuse of recycled organics to make a submission.
Based on feedback from the 2019 Annual Conference, it is the intention of the 2020 Program Committee to include a combination of presentations, panels and other interactive discussions within the conference program and as such are now inviting program proposals that may include any of the following formats and more:
- Paper (platform presentation)
- Panel sessions
- Campfire Sessions
Please join us in April 2020 to participate in and contribute to the charting of a compelling, informed vision for the organics recycling industry on a pathway to sustainable growth!
Submission deadline extended to Friday 13 December 2019.
Due to the large number of submissions received each year, a review committee will carefully consider submissions of abstracts and posters. Where possible the committee will place your presentation into a session, however it may not be possible to accommodate every submission. The review committee also reserves the right to suggest amendments to improve the suitability of presentations prior to acceptance.
All accepted presentations will be published in the AORA 2020 Annual Conference Proceedings.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
All Abstracts must be submitted online. If you are unable to submit using the online form, please contact the Conference Secretariat for further information (phone Emma McVie on 0404 517 058 or email email@example.com). Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days.
The following information will be required for your submission:
- Presenter and Co-Presenter contact details, title and organisation
- Presenter and Co-Presenter Biographies (we recommend no more than 80 words per biography)
- Presenter and Co-Presenter Photograph (optional)
- Presentation Title
- 50-word Presentation Synopsis
- Abstract (Up to 400 words of text)
All submitting authors will be asked to confirm the following statements:
- I confirm that each co-author, if any, has been informed of this submission and has agreed to all the information provided by me.
- I consent to publication of all or part of the abstract in materials relating to the Conference, including but not limited to the program, advertising, social media and email promotions.
- I confirm that this abstract is original work and as the principal author, I am responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- I understand that the invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer by AORA or the conference sponsors to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the event.
- I understand that no fee will be paid for a presentation. If my abstract is accepted, I agree to register for the Conference by no later than 1 February 2020 and will pay a discounted registration fee in recognition of my contribution. I understand that failure to register by the due date may result in my presentation being withdrawn from the program.