16 March 2020
The AORA 2020 Annual Conference is being rescheduled to 25 – 27 November 2020
In consideration of the rapid developments with COVID-19, the Australian Organics Recycling Association Board has made the difficult decision to postpone the AORA 2020 Annual Conference to November. The venue remains the same at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley.
The health and safety of our members and attendees is our top priority and after speaking to many of our partners, exhibitors, speakers and attendees, the overwhelming consensus is that postponing the event is the preferred outcome.
The program and arrangements made so far will remain in place. For attendees, exhibitor and sponsors, we will automatically transfer your booking to the rescheduled event. If these new dates pose a problem for you AORA will provide a full refund of your booking.
If you have booked accommodation at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley the hotel will automatically cancel your existing booking and you may rebook your accommodation at your convenience.
All four domestic airlines have announced flexible, fee-free arrangements for cancelling or rescheduling flights. Please contact your airline directly to do so.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your continued support as we all navigate this unprecedented situation.
National Chair, AORA
National Executive Officer, AORA
For up to date information and alerts please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
What is a coronavirus and COVID-19?
Coronaviruses can make humans and animals sick. Some coronaviruses can cause illness similar to the common cold and others can cause more serious diseases, including Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). This new coronavirus originated in Hubei Province, China and the disease outbreak is named COVID-19.
How is this coronavirus spread?
The coronavirus is most likely to spread from person-to-person through:
- direct close contact with a person while they are infectious
- close contact with a person with a confirmed infection who coughs or sneezes, or
- touching objects or surfaces (such as door handles or tables) contaminated from a cough or sneeze from a person with a confirmed infection, and then touching your mouth or face.
Most infections are only transmitted by people when they have symptoms. These can include fever, a cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
How can we help prevent the spread of coronavirus?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses. You should:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- and if unwell, avoid contact with others (touching, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact.
Who needs to isolate?
To help limit the spread of coronavirus, you must isolate yourself in the following circumstances:
- If you have left, or transited through, mainland China in the last 14 days you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of leaving mainland China.
- If you have left, or transited through Iran on or after 1 March, you must isolate yourself until 14 days after leaving Iran.
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
Where can I get more information?
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health homepage at www.health.gov.au.
Call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
Discuss any questions you have with the Public Health Agency monitoring you.
Contact your state or territory public health agency:
- ACT call 02 5124 9213
- NSW call 1300 066 055
- NT call 08 8922 8044
- Qld call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
- SA call 1300 232 272
- Tas call 1800 671 738
- Vic call 1300 651 160
- WA call 08 9328 0553