Airline Flexible Travel Policies
- Qantas: Are allowing passengers to change travel dates, or cancel flights and request flight credit to use the value towards a future flight with conditions dependent on the date of travel.
For details visit: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/travel-updates/coronavirus/booking-changes-and-refunds.html
- Virgin Australia: Change fees waived for domestic travel up to 30 June 2021 when you book by 31 March 2021**.
For details visit: https://travel.virginaustralia.com/au/coronavirus-update/change-cancel
- Jetstar: Are offering the the option of purchasing a product called FareCredit. FareCredit lets you cancel your booking for any reason and get a FareCredit voucher for the value of your fare (plus any in-flight extras).
For details visit: https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/help/articles/covid-19-changes-cancellations
- Rex (Regional Express): Rex are offering a full refund of tickets for passengers who are directly affected by current and future COVID-related border closures or travelling restrictions, even if flights continue to operate as scheduled. This also applies to promotional ‘use-it-or-lose-it’ tickets.
For details visit: https://www.rex.com.au/BlobViewer/BlobViewer.aspx?attachtype=MR&filename=514F5537326E316A4F346B714355656B427642386E386270326C747974455847334A6A3770714650443636556939636A3850766F51506147636E7479664E4771596866494C7448632F6C343D
The Hunter Valley is easily accessible, only two hours’ drive from Sydney and 50 minutes from Newcastle.
Direct flights into Newcastle Airport are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and the Gold Coast with transfers to the Hunter Valley from Newcastle Airport being only 50 minutes.
Driving Routes from Sydney
- ROUTE 1: After 120km (1 hour 15 mins), exit the M1 at the Newcastle Interchange and take the M15 (Hunter Expressway) and follow the M15 until you reach the Lovedale Road exit (24km), the Wine Country Drive exit (36km) or the Hermitage Road exit (48km).
- ROUTE 2: After 100km (1 hour), exit the M1 at the B82 (Freemans Drive) exit ramp and follow the signs along the B82 to Cessnock/Hunter Valley Vineyards.
- ROUTE 3: After 40km (20 minutes), exit the M1 (Pacific Motorway) at the Calga Interchange (Peats Ridge) and follow Tourist Drive 33 (TD33). This route will take you through scenic mountains and into the Hunter Valley at the historic town of Wollombi.
Airport Shuttle Services
Several operators offer door-to-door shuttle transport by limousine or minibus to and from Newcastle and Sydney airports.
- LUX LIFT – T 0490 465 973 luxlift.com.au
- KINGS HIRE CAR – T 0421 855 115 kingshirecar.com.au
- ROVER COACHES – T 02 4990 1699 rovercoaches.com.au
- SYDNEY DRIVER.COM – T 0408 987 788 sydneydriver.com
To travel by train, the most convenient stations are at Maitland, Newcastle or Morisset. There are connecting buses from each of these stations to the Hunter Valley.
For train timetables, visit https://transportnsw.info/ or call 131 500. For information on connecting buses, visit https://www.rovercoaches.com.au/site/bus-timetables or call +61 2 4990 1699.
Taxis service the local area making it easy for you to visit the region’s wineries, restaurants and special events. Maxi taxi and wheelchair accessible vehicles are available on request.
For more information visit https://www.cessnockradiocabs.com.au/.