The Australian Organics Recycling Association is pleased to open its call for presentation proposals for the AORA 2024 Annual Conference.
The 2023 conference will be held at the Sea World Conference Centre on the Gold Coast from the 5th – 7th of June 2024 and provides an exciting platform for local and international speakers to share their expertise.
The program for AORA 2024 promises to be engaging, informative and interactive. Themed Collaboration for success – securing our industry’s future, it will explore how positive collaborative efforts can lead to consistent national and state policies and directions for organics recycling, in turn creating opportunities for innovation and growth that result in a resilient and successful industry.
Please join us in June 2024 to participate in and contribute to the future of the Australian organics recycling industry.
The program committee is now inviting submissions addressing the following themes:
- Government collaborations
- Update on the future
- Organics actions across Australia and the world
- Researching for success
- New research outcomes
- What don’t we know but need to?
- Securing the industry
- Regulatory challenges and opportunities (including contamination)
- Investment opportunities
- Market development
- Our future
- Industry update – how is the industry tracking against its Strategic Plan / Vision to 2030
- What should the industry focus on in the next 12 months to 2 years?
- Where does the industry need to focus collaborations to achieve success?
Other topics may be considered at the committee’s discretion.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
All Abstracts must be submitted online. If you are unable to submit using the online form, please contact the Forum Secretariat for further information (phone Emma McVie on 0404 517 058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days.
The following information will be required for your submission:
- Presenter and Co-Presenter contact details, title and organisation
- Presenter and Co-Presenter Biographies (we recommend no more than 80 words per biography)
- Presenter and Co-Presenter Photograph (optional)
- Presentation Title
- 50-word Presentation Synopsis
- Abstract (Up to 400 words of text)
The closing date for submitting proposals is Wednesday 31 January 2024.
Due to the large number of submissions received each year, a review committee will carefully consider submissions of abstracts and posters. Where possible the committee will place your presentation into a session, however it may not be possible to accommodate every submission. The review committee also reserves the right to suggest amendments to improve the suitability of presentations prior to acceptance.
All accepted presentations will be published in the AORA 2024 Proceedings.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All submitting authors will be asked to confirm the following statements:
- I confirm that each co-author, if any, has been informed of this submission and has agreed to all the information provided by me.
- I consent to publication of all or part of the abstract in materials relating to the conference, including but not limited to the program, advertising, social media and email promotions.
- I confirm that this abstract is original work and as the principal author, I am responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- I understand that the invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer by AORA or the conference sponsors to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the event.
- I understand that no fee will be paid for a presentation. If my abstract is accepted, I agree to register for the Conference by no later than 12 April 2024 and will pay a discounted registration fee in recognition of my contribution. I understand that failure to register by the due date may result in my presentation being withdrawn from the program.
Thank you to our 2024 Conference Supporters
AORA would like to acknowledge our National Sponsors who play an active role in realising our vision: